Professional Farm Manager - Norfolk, NE
Hertz Farm Management is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. The company has been in business for 70 years and is currently active throughout the Midwest.
The role of the Professional Farm Manager is to:
Develop and maintain effective communications with clients, prospects, farm operators, farm vendors and professional service providers consistent with the company mission, vision, and values.
Develop and maintain effective communications with the office, office manager, other farm managers, real estate agents, rural appraisers and administrative personnel consistent with the company mission, vision, and values.
Build and grow a profitable management business that includes professional farm management, real estate, and valuation and consulting services.
Work as a team member to understand others viewpoint and work toward common ground for the purposes of developing, building and growing a profitable management business for the company and office team and to implement company and office operational and strategic plan.
Develop, implement and supervise short term and long term operating plans, land and capital improvement plans, management and leasing plans for a client and their farmland asset and to manage a clients farmland related cash assets.
To learn and understand the day-to-day business of professional farm management, farmland real estate, and appraisal and to develop skills that enable clients and farm operators to be profitable and maintain and improve the value of their farmland for future generations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professional farm management; lease analysis, negotiation, and tenant selection
- Participate with client’s other professional relationships impacting their farmland
- Land stewardship and improvement/conservation
- Income and expense budgets, cash flows, and profitability analysis
- Farm accounting and financial analysis
- Technical farm management cropping plans
- Nutrient management/fertility/nitrogen management
- Risk management P&C insurance
- Business development – management, real estate and valuation
- Build trust and provide great service
Hertz Farm Management offers a competitive compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, company vehicle, health insurance, 401K that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor's degree - required. Agriculture related preferred.
- Ag background beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Thorough commitment to customer service, internally and externally
- Works under minimal supervision
Please attach resume and cover letter with the completed application