Professional Farm Manager: Omaha NE
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. You will enjoy this role if you are an energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about agriculture and helping others. The ideal candidate will have a cooperative and confident personality that thrives in finding innovative solutions to solve clients’ needs.
If you are looking for a company culture that provides you the flexibility to get the job done, while also offering a supportive team atmosphere that encourages committed expertise and consistency, we would be excited to talk to you.
Hertz Farm Management is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. Our organization is guided in taking care of our clients and employees by our core values of Professionalism, Integrity, and Client Focus. We have been in business for almost 75 years and are active throughout the Midwest.
Develop and maintain detailed communications with clients, prospects, farm operators, farm vendors and professional service providers consistent with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Actively listen and respond to clients concerns and questions and react with flexible and creative solutions to help them enjoy owning their farm.
Collaborate with other farm managers, administrative personnel, real estate agents, and appraisers in the company with the goal of working as a cooperative team to serve the needs of the client.
Sustain and grow a profitable book of business that includes professional farm management, real estate, valuation, and consulting services.
Develop, implement, and supervise short-term and long-term operating plans, land and capital improvement plans, management and leasing plans, and cash management plans for a client’s farmland and farm related assets.
Constantly learn and grow in the day-to-day business of professional farm management, farmland real estate, and appraisal services to develop skills that enable clients and farm operators to be profitable and improve the value of their farmland for future generations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional farm management; lease analysis, negotiation, and tenant selection
- Real estate and valuation transactions
- Interact with clients’ other professional relationships impacting their farmland
- Land stewardship with a focus on improvement/conservation
- Income and expense budgets, cash flows, and profitability analysis
- Farm accounting and financial analysis
- Technical farm management cropping plans
- Nutrient management/fertility/nitrogen management
- Risk management P&C insurance
- Business development – management, real estate and valuation
- Build trust and always provide quality service
Hertz Farm Management offers a compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, performance bonus, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, company vehicle, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor's degree required. Agriculture related preferred.
- Ag background beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Thorough commitment to customer service, internally and externally
- Work under minimal supervision