Professional Farm Manager: Geneseo IL
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. The ideal candidate for the role of Farm Manager will be a motivated individual who is passionate about agriculture and helping others. You will enjoy, and succeed in, this role if you have an enthusiastic and decisive personality that thrives on finding creative solutions to help solve clients’ needs.
Hertz Farm Management is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. The company has been in business for 70 years and is currently active throughout the Midwest.
- Develop and maintain effective communications with clients, prospects, farm operators, farm vendors and professional service providers consistent with the company mission, vision, and values.
- Actively listen and respond to clients concerns and questions and react with flexible and creative solutions to help them enjoy owning their farm.
- Collaborate with the other farm managers, administrative personnel, real estate agents, and rural appraisers in the company with the goal of working as a cooperative team to further the company’s objectives and goals.
- Sustain and originate a profitable book of business that includes professional farm management, real estate, valuation, and consulting services.
- Develop, implement, and supervise short-term and long-term operating plans, land and capital improvement plans, management and leasing plans, and cash management plans for a client’s farmland and farm related assets.
- Constantly learn and grow in the day-to-day business of professional farm management, farmland real estate, and appraisal services to develop skills that enable clients and farm operators to be profitable and maintain and improve the value of their farmland for future generations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professional farm management; lease analysis, negotiation, and tenant selection
- Participate with client’s other professional relationships impacting their farmland
- Land stewardship and improvement/conservation
- Income and expense budgets, cash flows, and profitability analysis
- Farm accounting and financial analysis
- Technical farm management cropping plans
- Nutrient management/fertility/nitrogen management
- Risk management P&C insurance
- Business development – management, real estate and valuation
- Build trust and provide great service
Hertz Farm Management offers a compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, bonus potential, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, company vehicle, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor's degree - required. Agriculture related preferred.
- Ag background beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Thorough commitment to customer service, internally and externally
- Work under minimal supervision
Administrative Professional: Omaha NE
Come join our team and be part of making a real difference in the agricultural marketplace! We are a family owned company that has been in business 70+ years. Our focus is professionally managing, buying, selling, and appraising agricultural assets for our clients. We care deeply about our employees, wanting them to succeed both in and outside of the workplace. Our founder Carl Hertz began Hertz Farm Management to better prioritize family and work and this mentality still holds true in our company today. If you are looking for an environment that values a team mentality, integrity, hard work, and a healthy work/life balance, this would be an ideal position for you!
This position provides administrative support to the farm management / real estate professional with who they are paired. The ideal candidate needs to be observant, dedicated, and conscientious in their job duties. The job requires a high level of energy that enjoys working on diverse projects with the ability to prioritize tasks. Being able to follow existing procedures, while still being confident enough to ask questions and innovate new ideas and processes will help the right individual thrive in this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with employees, callers, visitors and clients in a professional manner.
- Help support and organize key objectives of the farm manager/real estate person assigned.
- Performs relatively complex administrative duties including drafting reports, spreadsheets, proposals; prepare and coordinates oral and written communication through transcribing dictation, typing, copying, preparing memos and letters, faxing, and maintaining file systems.
- Proof reading, verifying and editing all materials for accuracy and clarity.
- Excellent organizational and follow‐through skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and work under deadlines.
- Assists with uploading documents to the company database.
- Prepare materials and provide support for client meetings.
- Coordinates travel and schedules meetings as needed.
- Assist with real estate closings.
- Assist in new business development.
- Assist with expense report preparation
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hertz Farm Management offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary based on experience, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgment; self-starter with a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Willingness to develop a good working knowledge of industry terminology and principles
- Maintain confidentiality in work performed
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Adobe DC and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of office administrative and office procedures at a level generally acquired through 1 + years related experience
- Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
Please attach resume and cover letter with the completed application