Office Manager: Mankato MN
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. If you are an energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about agriculture and helping others, and looking for an opportunity with significant professional and financial growth potential, this a great opportunity for you. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys leading and encouraging others while also receives satisfaction from being active and involved in the business of helping our clients.
An Office Manager oversees the operations and the team members in our office as well as provides professional Farm Management services to our clients. A Professional Farm Manager represents individuals, families, and entities that own farmland but do not farm themselves. They assist clients in helping them achieve their goals and objectives for their agricultural investments.
This role is a player/coach position. Encouraging and leading the staff in the office that can consist of agricultural Appraisers, Administrative Staff, Farm Managers, and Real Estate Agents. As well as getting the opportunity to maintain and grow their own individual farm management territory. Thus allowing for a person to be rewarded for their leadership of the office as well as personal production.
Previous experience in Farm Management services is not required as training will be provided. But, leadership and agricultural experience is beneficial. We are seeking someone who is hungry, humble, and smart who has a passion for leading and developing others.
Hertz Farm Management is a family-owned company that is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. We have been in business for over 75 years and are active throughout the Midwest.
- Provide direction, guidance, and mentoring to the office staff to encourage their development and growth.
- Execute strategic company objectives and initiatives that are laid out for the office.
- Oversee the hiring process for open positions within the office with direct assistance from company leadership.
- Constantly look for opportunities increase profitability of the office, and the organization, to ensure long-term sustainable success.
- Develop and maintain detailed communications with clients, prospects, farm operators, farm vendors and professional service providers consistent with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Actively listen and respond to clients concerns and questions and react with flexible and creative solutions to help them enjoy owning their farm.
- Collaborate with other farm managers, administrative personnel, real estate agents, and appraisers in the company with the goal of working as a cooperative team to serve the needs of the client.
- Sustain and grow a profitable book of business that includes professional farm management, real estate, valuation, and consulting services.
- Develop, implement, and supervise short-term and long-term operating plans, land and capital improvement plans, management and leasing plans, and cash management plans for a client’s farmland and farm related assets.
- Constantly learn and grow in the day-to-day business of professional farm management, farmland real estate, and appraisal services to develop skills that enable clients and farm operators to be profitable and improve the value of their farmland for future generations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of office staff, overseeing the delegation of duties and client relationship assignments
- Professional farm management; lease analysis, negotiation, and tenant selection
- Interact with clients’ other professional relationships impacting their farmland
- Coach and mentor staff to encourage development and personal growth
- Land stewardship with a focus on improvement/conservation
- Income and expense budgets, cash flows, and profitability analysis
- Implement and champion strategic objectives of the organization within the office team
- Farm accounting and financial analysis
- Technical farm management cropping plans
- Nutrient management/fertility/nitrogen management
- Risk management P&C insurance
- Business development – management, real estate and valuation
- Build trust and teamwork within the office and always provide quality service
For office Managers, Hertz Farm Management offers a lucrative compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, performance bonuses based on company, office, and individual production, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, company vehicle, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- The ability to be a player/coach, staying active in assisting clients while also mentoring the other members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree - required. Agriculture related preferred
- State real estate license or willingness to obtain it, with assistance from Hertz Farm Management, within the first six months of employment
- Ag background beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Thorough commitment to customer service, internally and externally
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate, and organize.
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems.
- High emotional intelligence, with the ability to manage conflict and negotiations.
- Provide supervision to others in a way that empowers and develops them to be Trusted Advisors for our clients.