IT Generalist: Nevada IA
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. You will enjoy this role if you are a thorough and precise individual who enjoys helping others utilize technology to its fullest potential. The ideal candidate will have an insightful and detailed personality that thrives in finding creative solutions to meet the needs of an organization and its employees.
The IT Generalist will work within the existing technology team in a shared services organizational model to provide technology support to multiple companies and end-users through listening, problem solving, troubleshooting, and education. They will also actively contribute to the development, implementation, maintenance, and security of the organization’s information technology software and hardware infrastructure built on a Microsoft platform. Ensuring that is constantly changing and improving to meet future organization needs.
Hertz Associates is the umbrella organization for multiple companies including Hertz Farm Management that is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. We have been in business for almost 75 years and are active throughout the Midwest.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver support electronically and in-person to end users to aid them in effective usage of computer hardware, software, and security systems through installation, consultation, troubleshooting, and training.
- Connect users to network infrastructure and provide initial training on navigation and proper usage.
- Install hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Assist in administering company communication technologies such as email, phones, and messaging services.
- Assist in research and procurement of technology related equipment that meet’s organization requirements and needs.
- Actively identify technology security requirements and aid in the proper administration and compliance on security systems and programs.
- Consistently and promptly communicate status reports to the organization and individual end users on technology initiatives and issues.
- Provide training to staff members on technology and its efficient usage.
- Diagnosis and resolve technology infrastructure errors and issues.
Hertz Associates offers a compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, payment for continuing education, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor's degree – preferred.
- Computer and software skills that allow for diagnosing, identifying, and correcting commonly occurring information technology issues.
- Office 365 and SharePoint experience – preferred.
- PowerShell scripting experience – preferred.
- Customer service skills of active listening and communicating to end-users in an understandable and approachable manner.
- Self-motivated, accepting of responsibility, and able to meet required deadlines.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently.
- Continual attention to detail, establishing priorities, staying organized.