Administrative Professional - Omaha NE
Come join our team and be part of making a real difference in the agricultural marketplace! We are a family owned company that has been in business 70+ years. Our focus is professionally managing, buying, selling, and appraising agricultural assets for our clients. We care deeply about our employees, wanting them to succeed both in and outside of the workplace. Our founder Carl Hertz began Hertz Farm Management to better prioritize family and work and this mentality still holds true in our company today. If you are looking for an environment that values a team mentality, integrity, hard work, and a healthy work/life balance, this would be an ideal position for you!
This position provides administrative support to the farm management / real estate professional with who they are paired. The ideal candidate needs to be observant, dedicated, and conscientious in their job duties. The job requires a high level of energy that enjoys working on diverse projects with the ability to prioritize tasks. Being able to follow existing procedures, while still being confident enough to ask questions and innovate new ideas and processes will help the right individual thrive in this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with employees, callers, visitors and clients in a professional manner.
- Help support and organize key objectives of the farm manager/real estate person assigned.
- Performs relatively complex administrative duties including drafting reports, spreadsheets, proposals; prepare and coordinates oral and written communication through transcribing dictation, typing, copying, preparing memos and letters, faxing, and maintaining file systems.
- Proof reading, verifying and editing all materials for accuracy and clarity.
- Excellent organizational and follow‐through skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and work under deadlines.
- Assists with uploading documents to the company database.
- Prepare materials and provide support for client meetings.
- Coordinates travel and schedules meetings as needed.
- Assist with real estate closings.
- Assist in new business development.
- Assist with expense report preparation
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Hertz Farm Management offers a competitive compensation package that includes salary based on experience, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgment; self-starter with a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Willingness to develop a good working knowledge of industry terminology and principles
- Maintain confidentiality in work performed
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Adobe DC and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of office administrative and office procedures at a level generally acquired through 1 + years related experience
- Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
Please attach resume and cover letter with the completed application