Front Desk Receptionist: Nevada IA
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. You will enjoy this role if you are friendly and cooperative individual who likes connecting with, and helping, others.
The Front Desk Receptionist is the face and voice of our corporate office. They are the first individual our valuable clients and business partners meet when contacting us, greeting and assisting them in person and on the phone.
Hertz Farm Management is a family-owned company that is a leading provider of professional farm management, agricultural real estate, and property valuation services. The company has been in business for over 75 years and is active throughout the United States. We are seeking a receptionist to be the face of our corporate office to create a unique, memorable, and positive client experience in person, by phone, or email.
- Professionally greeting all in-person guests.
- Professionally answer and screen all incoming phone calls and facilitate their transfer to the appropriate parties within the organization.
- Daily pickup from post office company mail, and appropriately distributing it throughout the office.
- Meter outgoing office mail and timely transport it to the post office for delivery.
- Prepare FedEx/UPS packages for shipping.
- Appropriately log and distribute all incoming and outgoing payments to ensure timely and accurate posting of transactions.
- Coordinate office meetings and travel for staff.
- Assist in maintaining and ordering necessary office supplies.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
Hertz Farm Management’s competitive compensation package offers a salary based on experience, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- 2+ year of work experience in receptionist/administrative duties
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- High School Diploma
Professional Farm Manager: Geneseo IL
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. You will enjoy this role if you are an energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about agriculture and helping others. The ideal candidate will have a cooperative and confident personality that thrives in finding creative solutions to solve clients’ needs.
A Professional Farm Manager represents individuals, families, and entities that own farmland but do not farm themselves. They assist clients in helping them achieve their goals and objectives for their agricultural investments.
Hertz Farm Management is a family-owned company that is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. We have been in business for over 75 years and are active throughout the Midwest.
Develop and maintain detailed communications with clients, prospects, farm operators, farm vendors and professional service providers consistent with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Actively listen and respond to clients concerns and questions and react with flexible and creative solutions to help them enjoy owning their farm.
Collaborate with other farm managers, administrative personnel, real estate agents, and appraisers in the company with the goal of working as a cooperative team to serve the needs of the client.
Sustain and grow a profitable book of business that includes professional farm management, real estate, valuation, and consulting services.
Develop, implement, and supervise short-term and long-term operating plans, land and capital improvement plans, management and leasing plans, and cash management plans for a client’s farmland and farm related assets.
Constantly learn and grow in the day-to-day business of professional farm management, farmland real estate, and appraisal services to develop skills that enable clients and farm operators to be profitable and improve the value of their farmland for future generations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional farm management; lease analysis, negotiation, and tenant selection
- Interact with clients’ other professional relationships impacting their farmland
- Land stewardship with a focus on improvement/conservation
- Income and expense budgets, cash flows, and profitability analysis
- Farm accounting and financial analysis
- Technical farm management cropping plans
- Nutrient management/fertility/nitrogen management
- Risk management P&C insurance
- Business development – management, real estate and valuation
- Build trust and always provide quality service
Hertz Farm Management offers a compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, performance bonus, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, reimbursement for all business expenses, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor's degree - required. Agriculture related preferred
- Ag background beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Thorough commitment to customer service, internally and externally
- Work under minimal supervision
Certified General Appraiser: Nevada IA
We are excited to add the next valuable member to our appraisal team. The valuation profession is a challenging and evolving field, attractive to people who enjoy problem solving and helping others. You will thrive in this position if you enjoy a combination of creative analytical thinking, freedom from routine, and focused attention to detail.
The individual in this position will provide valuation services for estates, property divisions, potential sales, mortgage purposes, and occasionally for litigation purposes. While our specialty is agricultural appraisals, our work is anything but routine. Property types we appraise include, but are not limited to, all types of farmland, recreational properties, highly improved farmsteads, livestock facilities, rock quarries and other mining operations. You will work independently in a knowledgeable team environment that includes experienced appraisers, real estate agents, farm managers, and excellent administrative support.
Hertz Farm Management is a family-owned company that is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. We have been in business for over 75 years and are active throughout the United States.
Conduct market research and analysis to compile high quality valuation reports for our valued clients.
Effectively communicate with people inside and outside of the organization in a manner consistent with Hertz’s mission, vision, and values.
Build and maintain profitable valuation services for estates, estate planning, litigation, easements, gifting/charitable donations, asset management, and buy/sell decisions. Provide consultation services as needed - relative to valuation.
Actively seek opportunities to assist clients with real estate sales or farm management needs. Implement business marketing plans and support the Hertz brand. Continually develop skills that build business and enable clients to achieve their objectives.
Live out respectful, professional, and caring interaction with team members – with the client’s best interests in mind. Effective listening is a fundamental function.
Hertz Farm Management offers a compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, performance bonus, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, coverage of vehicle expense, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- State Certified General Real Property Appraiser
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Works well under minimal supervision
- Thorough understanding of USPAP and property appraisal methodology
- Ag background is beneficial
- Commitment to customer service
- Frequent daily travel is required