Professional Farm Manager: Geneseo IL
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. The ideal candidate for the role of Farm Manager will be a motivated individual who is passionate about agriculture and helping others. You will enjoy, and succeed in, this role if you have an enthusiastic and decisive personality that thrives on finding creative solutions to help solve clients’ needs.
A Professional Farm Manager represents individuals, families, and entities that own farmland but do not farm themselves. They assist clients in helping them achieve their goals and objectives for their agricultural investments.
Hertz Farm Management is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. The company has been in business for 75+ years and is currently active throughout the Midwest.
Develop and maintain effective communications with clients, prospects, farm operators, farm vendors and professional service providers consistent with the company mission, vision, and values.
Actively listen and respond to clients concerns and questions and react with flexible and creative solutions to help them enjoy owning their farm.
Collaborate with the other farm managers, administrative personnel, real estate agents, and rural appraisers in the company with the goal of working as a cooperative team to further the company’s objectives and goals.
Sustain and originate a profitable book of business that includes professional farm management, real estate, valuation, and consulting services.
Develop, implement, and supervise short-term and long-term operating plans, land and capital improvement plans, management and leasing plans, and cash management plans for a client’s farmland and farm related assets.
Constantly learn and grow in the day-to-day business of professional farm management, farmland real estate, and appraisal services to develop skills that enable clients and farm operators to be profitable and maintain and improve the value of their farmland for future generations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional farm management; lease analysis, negotiation, and tenant selection
- Participate with client’s other professional relationships impacting their farmland
- Land stewardship and improvement/conservation
- Income and expense budgets, cash flows, and profitability analysis
- Farm accounting and financial analysis
- Technical farm management cropping plans
- Nutrient management/fertility/nitrogen management
- Risk management P&C insurance
- Business development – management, real estate and valuation
- Build trust and provide great service
Hertz Farm Management offers a compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, performance bonus, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, company vehicle, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor's degree - required. Agriculture related preferred
- Ag background beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Thorough commitment to customer service, internally and externally
- Work under minimal supervision