Professional Farm Manager: Arizona
We are looking for the next valuable addition to our team. You will enjoy this role if you are an energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about agriculture and helping others. The ideal candidate will have a cooperative and confident personality that thrives in finding creative solutions to solve clients’ needs.
A Professional Farm Manager represents individuals, families, and entities that own farmland but do not farm themselves. They assist clients in helping them achieve their goals and objectives for their agricultural investments.
Hertz Farm Management is a family-owned company that is a leading provider of professional farm management services, real estate services, and property valuation services. We have been in business for over 75 years and are active throughout the United States.
Develop and maintain detailed communications with clients, prospects, farm operators, farm vendors and professional service providers consistent with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Actively listen and respond to clients concerns and questions and react with flexible and creative solutions to help them enjoy owning their farm.
Collaborate with other farm managers, administrative personnel, real estate agents, and appraisers in the company with the goal of working as a cooperative team to serve the needs of the client.
Sustain and grow a profitable book of business that includes professional farm management, real estate, valuation, and consulting services.
Develop, implement, and supervise short-term and long-term operating plans, land and capital improvement plans, management and leasing plans, and cash management plans for a client’s farmland and farm related assets.
Constantly learn and grow in the day-to-day business of professional farm management, farmland real estate, and appraisal services to develop skills that enable clients and farm operators to be profitable and improve the value of their farmland for future generations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional farm management; lease analysis, negotiation, and tenant selection
- Interact with clients’ other professional relationships impacting their farmland
- Land stewardship with a focus on improvement/conservation
- Income and expense budgets, cash flows, and profitability analysis
- Farm accounting and financial analysis
- Technical farm management cropping plans
- Nutrient management/fertility/nitrogen management
- Risk management P&C insurance
- Business development – management, real estate and valuation
- Build trust and always provide quality service
Hertz Farm Management offers a compensation package that includes competitive salary based on experience, performance bonus, payment for continuing education, payment of professional dues, company vehicle, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) that includes an employer match, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Bachelor's degree - required. Agriculture related preferred
- State real estate license and FAA UAV drone pilot license or willingness to obtain them, with assistance from Hertz Farm Management, within the first six months of employment
- Ag background, specifically in semi-arid desert agricultural practices, beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English beneficial
- Work under minimal supervision